What is metabolic balance®
Metabolic balance® is a holistic approach to putting your body’s metabolism into a healthy balance and reaching your perfect body weight. Natural nutrition and a balanced diet are essential requirements for optimum physical and mental health and overall well being.
Metabolic balance® is a individualised programme where the foods chosen for you are based on your own blood haematology and biochemistry test results providing you with your own unique food plan. Your own personal plan enables your body to produce hormones and enzymes which are needed to create a balanced metabolism. Through the sufficient supply of nutrients from foods in your plan, they are chosen specifically for you to provide the exact nutrients you need without the need for supplements or eliminating food groups and are provided from 3 balanced meals per day.
What can metabolic balance® do for you?
- Improve your general health
- Optimise your weight and help you keep your ideal weight long term
- Optimise your energy levels
- Balance your hormonal systems
- Promote mental and physical wellbeing
How does metabolic balance® work?
Metabolic balance® promotes the balance of hormones particularly insulin, where blood levels are encouraged to increase at a slower rate after eating and therefore avoiding craving for food for a longer period of time. More fat can therefore be burned between meals promoting weight loss.
Metabolic balance is a four phase programme.
- Phase 1 – a mild 2 day detox.
- Phase 2 – a strict 14 day adjustment phase.
- Phase 3 – Introduces foods excluded in phase 2 and allows more flexibility, this phase is usually maintained until you achieve your desired weight.
- Phase 4 – this is the maintenance phase which allows you to maintain your healthy weight and new found health and vigor.
What is included in the Metabolic Balance® programme?
- 3-months of dedicated and continued support from your metabolic balance® coach.
- The initial consultation to record data/measurements plus up to 5 more face to face consultations over the 3 month period with the last one being 12 weeks after the start of your metabolic balance® programme.
- A comprehensive blood test profile including haematology and biochemistry tests to help determine your metabolism. This is a fasting sample having avoided food for 12 hours.
- Phlebotomy fee to have your blood taken (at the Rivers Hospital Sawbridgeworth).
- Your individualised Metabolic Balance® Nutritional plan. This will be provided within 5 days from your initial blood test.
- Unlimited email/telephone support as required during the initial three months.
Metabolic Balance® Price
A discount will be given if 2 or more people such as your partner or friend(s) do the programme together and can attend all the same face to face sessions. Please contact Best Nutrition for details, costs depend on group size.
Initial Nutritional Therapy Consultation - £90
Prior to your initial consultation you will be sent a questionnaire. This will ask in-depth details about your whole medical history together with your family history, lifestyle and dietary history. The consultation lasts about 1½ hours where we discuss this information in detail and also identify your ultimate health goals. Certain measurements will be taken as starting points and then we can monitor progress on your weight, BMI, body fat % and blood pressure. It may become apparent that other laboratory tests may be beneficial and these will be offered through Best Nutrition. These tests may include haematology and biochemistry tests, adrenal stress test, blood and hormone testing, intestinal permeability and candida antibodies to name a few.
Once all this information has been gathered a fully personalised nutritional programme is put together for you that will be posted or emailed within a few days of your appointment. This will incorporate:-
- A full action plan
- Detailed dietary guidelines
- Supplement recommendations
- Meal and recipe suggestions, having taken onboard your likes and dislikes
- Lifestyle guidance
- Weight management
- Email and telephone support between consultations to help you stay motivated and focused
Striving to integrate nutritional therapy with the medical profession, areas may be identified during your consultation which may need referral to your GP such as identifying an underlying condition or the need for further tests provided by the NHS. Referral is done only with your consent.
Supplements and further laboratory tests are provided at additional cost.
Follow-up Nutritional Therapy Consultation - £45
Usually at 4-6 week intervals it is recommended to attend a follow-up consultation which lasts for 45 minutes. At these sessions your progress is assessed by looking at how your symptoms have changed and results from any tests that have been performed will be discussed. Your nutritional programme will be re-assessed and modified to ensure that you continue to progress towards improved health and your goals.
Seminars and Corporate Nutrition – Please contact us for a price
Seminars are provided to various groups including corporate, on nutrition and healthy eating. If your group or company has a particular interest that you would like to learn more about we will be happy to tailor a seminar to suit your individual needs. Corporate nutrition identifies how staff that are happy and healthy can positively impact the workplace. This is seen as a reduction in sick leave, reduced staff turnover and stress related illnesses. By giving your staff the opportunity to learn how to best manage their diet and lifestyles through a series of Best Nutrition Seminars, will provide you with a more productive, happier and healthier workforce. Seminars can be tailored to you specific requirements.
Best Nutrition Seminars available are:-
- Healthy eating - A balanced approach.
- Lifestyle management - A dietary perspective.
- Womens Health.
- Weight management
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT US.